Get Ready, Get Set, Get on Board!
Appointed leaders play key roles in municipal, county, and state government. Women from all backgrounds already have the skills necessary to pursue these public service opportunities. Join us for an interactive workshop that will equip you with tools to identify and pursue your dream appointment.
• Learn why appointed positions are powerful & important
• Get an introduction to how boards and commissions are structured
• Understand the difference women have and can make in public policy
• Identify your public service interest
• Explore strategies for securing positions
• Develop research skills to identify opportunities
• Make a plan to reach your public service goal
Women on Board Workshop
Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:30am – 3:30pm
Pitt Community College Reddick Building- Room 242 Greenville, NC
Cost per participant = $20 (includes all materials and lunch)
Register to attend at www.nccwps.org
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-508-2308
Additional Women on Board Workshops will be held across NC throughout 2009.
NCCWPS - Connecting Women. Cultivating Leaders.
The NC Center for Women in Public Service is nonprofit, non-partisan, statewide organization that works to prepare women to seek and serve in elected and appointed positions throughout North Carolina.