Monday, November 19, 2007

Daily News

Can we shut off the afterburners?
Wilmington StarNews
The argument over whether to build a Navy landing field in North Carolina has escalated into a noisy political battle between Democratic Gov. Mike Easley and Republican U.S. Sens. Richard Burr and Elizabeth Dole.

Plenty of criminals
Raleigh News & Observer
When I first heard we were getting our own state prison back home in Columbus County, I thought it was a bad idea. We had all that public money but no way to use it for anything positive. You know, to encourage people to plant things or make things with their hands or recycle things somebody else made.

Dole disputes criticism of stand on Navy field
Winston-Salem Journal
Republican Sen. Elizabeth Dole responded yesterday to criticism from Democratic Gov. Mike Easley, saying she met with local residents to discuss the Navy’s proposal to build a practice-landing field for jets in Eastern North Carolina.

1 comment:

Atta Girl Amy said...

I'm writing to you after reading a posting about VOCA funding on this blog.

I handle public relations for a Greensboro law firm, and we're interested in issuing a call to action to our clients regarding VOCA funding. (The firm had a client who was seriously injured in an accident with a drunk driver, and that's how they became aware of the VOCA fund and the jeopardy that it's currently facing.) I've been doing some Web research on VOCA and appropriations, and I have a rudimentary understanding of how it works and what's at stake. But I'd love to speak with someone who understands the intricacies of the appropriations process so we can craft the best possible press release and call to action. Could you help or put me in touch with someone who could?

In addition to the press release, we would probably blog about this on two blogs that the firm has.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

My email is amy@inhousemedia.us